Tomorrow it begins. The bf read Eat to Live and is now ready to embark on the great vegan journey. And I am helping! By also embarking on this 6 week vegan journey. We both love meat, and I anticipate eating meat ASAP post 6 weeks. This isn’t just any vegan diet. It’s essentially paleo except you replace meat for beans. Here’s the 6 week outline…
- At least 1lb of raw vegetable
- At least 1lb of cooked vegetables
- At least 4 servings of fruit
- At least one cup of beans
- No more than 1/4 nuts and seeds (and avocado for some reason)
- No more than 1 cup of starch (potatoes, oats, etc.)
- Any seasoning you want (no salt or sugar or oil)
- Vinegar is ok
- No dairy, meat, salt, oil, sugar, or anything processed
The 6 weeks is kind of like a cleanse/something to get you in habit.
So there are a few things I want to keep track of on this veggie eating escapade:
- How much it costs (farmer’s market, stop n shop, costco, trader joes, whole foods)
- Compare the cost to where I bought it from.
- Figure out what/how much I’m eating.
I already went shopping at stop’n’shop. Here’s the list (more or less)
- 2lb romain
- 1lb spinach
- 1lb kale
- 1lb radish
- 2lb carrots
- 2lb red pepper
- 2lb cucumber
- 1lb cauliflower
- 1lb tomatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 eggplant
- .5lb blueberries
- .5lb strawberries
- 8 bananas
- 1 cantelope
+/- 15 lb of veggie… It starts tomorrow, but I’m already prepping: cooking beans, made cauliflower mash, made a salad, made romaine/cilantro soup… Two onions have already died. And I cooked two.