I hate to break it to you Today show, but I’ve been putting grass-fed butter and coconut oil in my coffee all year, but finally…
I did it. I bought the stuff. All the Bulletproof stuff. To make REAL Bulletproof Coffee. And briefly review it.
It was pretty easy to rationalize:
- Coffee–I ran out of coffee beans.
- MCT oil–I wanted to try it (as opposed to just coconut oil), plus is preferable in Bulletproof Ice Cream
- Chocolate powder–I use a lot of chocolate…
- Vanilla stuff–it looks awesome, and I also use a lot of vanilla.
- Coffee–it’s fine, not nearly as good as George Howell, but I can tell it’s a good quality coffee, relatively freshly roasted (you can tell this by the bubbles when you brew it. Bubbles = Good. No Bubbles = Bad).
- MCT oil–I think I like coconut oil better. BUT now I can make the real deal BULLETPROOF ICE CREAM! YESSSSSSS
- Chocolate powder–It’s chocolatey. I can’t wait to make some fudge out of it.
- Vanilla–Subtly powerful. It comes in a tiny package, but is essentially ground up vanilla beans. Considering that vanilla beans alone cost like $5 a bean, this is probably the best deal Dave Asprey has. And it is tasty. I need to learn more ways to use it.
- ALL TOGETHER! Pretty good. Honestly, this mocha could probably use some maple syrup, or bacon, or both. Chocolate is weird with out a hint of sweet, but still delicious. I’ll report back for how I feel throughout the morning/day.
So currently, I am up to my eyeballs in oils, butter, nuts, seeds, nut butters, chocolate powders, and coffee. All I need is my own chicken/egg source and my life will be complete.
Life is wonderful.