Just Be God’s: A Call the Continuing Conversion.
This is the first in a series of blog posts that are scheduled throughout the year. I recommend reading in order, starting here. Below, is an explanation:
I wrote a lot three years ago and didn’t take it anywhere. It’s a autobiography/memoir of sorts, and publishers are, understandably, sick of these. I’ll be posting my past thoughts on being Protestant and becoming Catholic three years late. Spoiler Alert: Not much has changed.
What is this “Just Be God’s” all about?
It’s about me, Paige Cargioli, a girl who works in a Tech Call Center, and has two Master’s degrees from Boston College in Mental Health Counseling and in Pastoral Ministry.
These are my thoughts for an entire year of RCIA at Boston College. Simultaneously, I was attending a Protestant church (Brookline Church of Christ). There, I was given the opportunity to preach several times throughout the course of the same year I was doing RCIA.
This project shows me going back and forth between these two Christian flavors. It shows my frustration, my friends opinions, and my questions. I occasionally mention pop culture, pray, and reflect on the readings from that year. That’s it. It’s an in real time Christian narrative mind trap.
It is my journey, and it is not unique. It’s back and forth, and very repetitive. It’s also extremely narcissistic and naive. In this narrative diary, I don’t hold back, and there are probably a lot of heretical and insensitive things said to multiple groups written in here. That’s what I was thinking at the time. I wasn’t writing expecting others to read it, and I have no idea who will be interested in reading this now.
If you’re a voyeur, you might like it because it is a day to day journal of a young, professional in constant spiritual crisis. Some days are more coherent than others.
If you’ve ever “converted” within Christianity, or are considering, you might like it.
This project is for the wanderers and those who like to break the rules. It’s for the person who likes questions more than answers and conversation more than debate.
This blog isn’t to convince anyone of anything. I don’t care if you’re Protestant or Catholic. It is demonstrative of an imperfect, confused, honest Christian seeking Jesus. It’s just a story meant to remind you that you are not alone.
If you would like to read on, here are the currently published posts:
- Aug 11, 2013: Mass and Meals
- Aug 12, 2013: Not Quite Catholic
- Aug 13, 2013: First Contact
- Aug 14, 2016: Separation of Life and Ministry
- Aug 15, 2013: Mary: MOTHER OF GOD
- Aug 21, 2013: Not Catholic Receiving Eucharist
- Aug 26, 2013: Incarnation/Do you wanna preach?
- Aug 27, 2013: Saint Monica and Climbing the Mountain of the Lord
- Aug 27, 2016: Catholic and Receiving Eucharist
- Aug 28, 2013: Do I want to preach?
- Aug 29, 2016: Further Reflection on my protestant catholicism
- Sept 1, 2013: Prayer for Work
- Sept 2, 2013: Protestant, How Catholic Are You?
- Sept 6, 2013: I am Spiritually Bored
- Sept 9, 2013: To Go To Church, Or Not To Go To Church?
- Sept 10, 2013: Spiritual Contentment
I’ll do my best to respond to comments and reflect on… Myself? Over the weekends.